Thursday, June 5, 2008

checking in...

I thought I would pop in here and just do a quick post.  I am, once again, in California, with Mom.  Last week she got pretty sick, and was rushed to the emergency room with a bowel obstruction.  Surgery was tentatively scheduled for Thursday (I was notified by Lifeline on Tuesday night that she had been taken to the ER)  

Weds. morning, my youngest DD and I flew out here (on the plane)  so I could be with Mom.  DD helped me through the airport and also when we got here, as I still am not supposed to be walking on my right foot yet. Momma's bowel problem was corrected with lots of prayer (thanks, everyone!) and medication.

In the meantime, the Congestive Heart Failure that Momma has been dealing with for several years got worse.  She was in the hospital for almost a week, coming home this last Monday.  It has been a very long week for her, and each member of her family.

She is stubborn and is determined to keep on with her life.  Today she wanted to go out in the garden and work - so we went out together, and planted some tomato plants, and transplanted a fuschia that one of my brothers and his girlfriend had given Momma when she was in the hospital.

I've done some knitting, but haven't been able to focus on too much.  I had started a pair of Plymouth's Basketweave socks, and then put it down, and made a little baby cap to give to the 20 Hats Project

Please keep Mom in your prayers.  

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's so hard. Hang in there!