Wednesday, May 21, 2008

thought I would take a break from bed and see if I have missed anything. Alas, the world has gone on just fine without me. LOL

I had forgotten about the crazy dreams that you get when you are taking pain pills!!!

I had one last night that had 2 of our dogs, a forest fire, a lady from church, a flood, and murder mystery. Sounds like something that could be made into a wierd movie horror flick. If I could remember all of it, I'd write it down.

I've gotten hubby into watching "Lost" with me.

Poor thing! We are now on Disc 4 - Season two.
He isn't 'into' it, like I am. I love it...he just watches it because he likes to spend time with me.
Is that nice, or what?
He gets into it when we watch it, but when an episode is over, he can just turn it off, and go right to sleep...

and I am asking him...don't you want to know what's going to happen?

How can you stand to wait until tomorrow night for the next episode?

How can you just go to sleep??? It's driving me crazy, and I have seen it before!!! LOLOL (I just don't understand...)
I guess I will have to call my DS Tim, who is also a Lost Fan so I can mull it over with a fellow addict.

(that sounded weird.... 'umm, hello....we're "Lost Fans"...is somebody looking for some fans...that they lost? LOL)

I have been making baby hats (what else) while I have been recuperating.

I have a short attention span (commonly referred to as AOADD) (Adult Onset Attention Deficit Disorder) - so I crochet one, then I knit one, then I use the KK loom, then try a different knit pattern...not neccessarily in that order.

Right now I am working on booties. A very easy, but cute pattern.. It is called "Garter Stitch Baby Booties". It is one of my favorites, because of its simplicity, and minimal yarn that it uses, and they work up very quickly. (an important fact for AOADD sufferers).

It's a great stash buster. And they seem to stay on the babies' teeny tiny feet. I am using Sirdar's Snuggly Yarn for them in a pretty aqua/white striped colorway. I love the feel of the Snuggly yarn (BTW, its DK weight) - it is soooo soft and cuddly and squishy!!!!

I got a "Sweet Pea" knit baby hat pattern from Susan Anderson and some of the Tahki Stacy Charles cotton yarn at my new favorite LYS to make them with... that is going to be my next project! I know a couple of "Sweet Peas"... they are about 9 or 10 months old now...twin girls named Ruby and Bianca. The hat(s) should look adorable on them!

I am allofthesudden very tired... must be the vicodin kicking it. So.... time for a little 'nappy-poo'....

happy knitting!

No comments: