Friday, January 18, 2008

And now to discuss Knitting Related Disorders/Obsessions...


I have just been diagnosed with "YAS" - "Yarn Aquisition Syndrome". My doctor gently told me I had the following symptoms:

1. Can't run errands without bringing home new colors of yarn.

2. Wake up in the morning, thinking about which stores I need to go to on my lunch hour where yarn is on sale.

3. Lay awake at night thinking about which colors of the spectrum I don't have - causing insomnia (but I just KNOW as soon as I get it all, I'll sleep like a baby!)

4. Went to the store yesterday for milk and came home with 12 skeins of yarn...forgot the milk.

5. Am considering an addition to the house for a yarn room.

6. I have 21 skeins of green yarn (my current favorite), but I know I'm gonna need more, so I need to go out and buy 20 more - they might discontinue that color!!!

7. Gotta buy at least 20 more of bright yellow, because it goes so well with the green!

8. Can't make Sunday dinner for the family because I don't have any place to put the yarn I bought this week that is sitting on the dining room table.

9. Family is grumbling about all the yarn, saying things like "what the heck are you going to do with all this???" and "you'll never use all this in your lifetime!" (Yes..I can. Wait and see.)

So I am thinking about forming a support group for fellow sufferers of "YAS". Think I'll reserve a classroom at the Craft store in my neighborhood....
(They have Wintuk and Bernat yarn on sale this week....)
Care to join me??

I am not the author of this (but I can sure identify with it!!!! LOLOL) If you know who did author this, let me know, so I can give them credit. Thanks!

No comments: