Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow is a four-letter word

We have had some beautiful snowstorms lately...and it is cold! It is so crisp and white looking and looks very pretty from INSIDE the house. (did I mention I am not especially fond of winter??? Give me 70's - even 80's, and sunshine every day!)
But even though I am not fond of winter, I still find it hard not to appreciate and enjoy looking at the beautiful, white, pristine, snow drifts...and it is amazing to me that God created snow, along with everything else that He created. God is amazing!!! I went outside the night before last when we were having big, fat, fluffy flakes of snow... I was crazy, and went out in stocking feet and my sweater (no jacket, no gloves...us Wisconsinites get tough, y'know) I took my camera (my Christmas present from DD Kim, and took some 'snow' pictures. I tried the night 'scene' setting...cool...but I found out with the flash, the snowflakes looked almost like little Christmas tree lights and they sparkled and twinkled so pretty when the flash went off. I kind of went nuts with the camera. (I've been doing that alot lately, trying to discover all of the features it has.)
So here are some nightime photos of the snowfall.





I have been knitting (when do I ever NOT knit? LOL) I knit yet another sweater and baby hat for DD K to give as a gift to one of her friends that recently had a baby.






Then DD K asked me ever so sweetly, if I would make her another scarf - in pastel baby pink. She handed me three skeins of yarn, and said "you rock, Momma". How on earth could I resist that flattery???? LOL So three days later, I have her scarf finished. She had picked out a super soft baby yarn and matching fun fur. So I doubled the baby yarn and crocheted the scarf with a double strand of the baby yarn held together with one strand of the fun fur. So far, my DD's have not tired of having the fun fur scarves. I still get requests from them for different colors.

Now DD K asked me if I would knit a hat for her boyfriend so I started that tonight.
I am using the "Hot Head" cap pattern from the 'Stitch n B_ _ _ H' book.

I had a Drs. appt today for my stupid ankle. Apparently I sprained it about 6 months ago, and it has been sore ever since, and swells all the time. The Dr. told me it has developed into tendonitis. So now I get to see a podiatrist, to see what they do for that. I have no idea.

I'm also posting doggie pics too. Of course, they ARE some of the cutest doggies ever!!! Yes, I AM biased. Squirt is sleeping on his 'cow' fake fur rug, with his two favorite toys, his little frogs, and a blanket. Sassy and Gabriel just looked so sweet cuddled up together, I couldn't resist. I've been a bit camera happy lately!!!




Blessings to you and yours.
Lissa

No comments: