Wednesday, July 30, 2008

almost.....August...already???

Is it just me, or does time seem to be whizzing by faster and faster? I can't believe it's already the end of July! I don't want Summer to end!

We have been so busy one way or another...DH and I have been working on the flower garden alot. We both have been enjoying it. It's really starting to fill in with all the perennials. It's been kinda nice too, because we have had a couple of our neighbors, and the postman, comment on how nice it is looking. Nothing like a compliment to give the ego a little boost. So, maybe we have green thumbs, after all? LOL I absolutely LOVE having flowers too...especially the kind that come back by themselves (and smell good too) I have noticed (or maybe its just my imagination?) that I seem to hear more birds around the house, and have seen some butterflies too...something I never really saw a lot of since we moved into town. I love to go out and sit with a cup of coffee and a good book at the picnic table under the basswood tree, and just kick back.

I have been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting lately. I think I am having some serious ADD issues tho... I can't stick to just one project lately! I have several going right now! I have the Boho Bag about 3/4 of the way done. The pattern was in the Jan 2008 issue of Crochet Today! magazine, and I fell in love with it and simply *had* to make it! Now if only I could stay on task long enough to just *finish* it!!!!!

I am also working on a crocheted scarf called "Anne". I saw it on a friend's blog (Susan B Anderson) and she has made several of them for gifts, and they are beautiful. So, of course, this ADD girl simply *had* to make it too!!! I simply LOVE the pattern...it is based on Queen Anne's lace, and it is lacey and lovely!!! I tried Caron's new yarn, Simply Soft Paints for it. It is - wonderfully soft, and the colors are beautiful!

And then... I have a baby sweater OTK that I am making for a gift for a couple at church that are going to have their fourth child sometime in August. And I still have the bag that I was knitting with a pattern from Anni Rodriguez. And I am FORCING myself NOT to cast on or start anything else just yet.

I have also been reading A LOT. My favorite author right now is Brandilyn Collins. She calls her books "Seatbelt Suspense". They are Christian mysteries, and I have been enjoying each one I have read so far! Eventually I would love to invest in them. They are the kind of book that you could probably read over and over. Right now, I am reading the second book in her Chelsea Adams series, called "Dread Champion". I have to force myself to put it down! Its that good.

Sunday after church we had a really nice afternoon. Our oldest DS and his fiancee and our two grandchildren (we have 'adopted' them already! LOL) came over. We fixed a quick lunch, and then took the kids fishing. I guess I earned the *cool grandma* award because:

1. I can bait my own hook
2. I LIKE to stand IN the water (at LEAST waist deep) when I fish
3. When DS lost his rig (bobber, hook, etc) on some vegetation, Grandma is crazy enough to swim out and fetch it for him. LOLOL
4. Oh, and I can touch the fish and take it off my hook unassisted
Funny how these silly things can earn you the 'respect' of kids!!! You gotta love it!!! :o)

Speaking of fishing, a friend of mine is supposed to be here in a bit, and we are either going to go fishing or swimming today (or both) - so I had better get myself in gear and get ready!

Happy Knitting to you friends!

1 comment:

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Lissa, I'm so glad you're enjoying my books. Thanks for your encouragement to me today.

Blessings,

~ Brandilyn