Thursday, August 14, 2008

Birdie Poo and other interesting tidbits....

It's time to take a break...so here I am at the computer. I am too tired to do anything else right now.

I procrastinated about cleaning the bird cages today. And procrastinated some more. I even managed to do a load of laundry while I was in the midst of procrastionation... (we're talking serious procrastination here!)...then finally this afternoon, I made myself start the cage cleaning marathon. It always takes me at least 4 to 5 hours to clean all the bird cages. I washed, scrubbed, and dried, and now all the birds are happily chirping and singing in their nice clean cages. I do them at least once a week, sometimes more than that, if necessary.

After I was done with that, I trimmed some birdie toenails. In case you wondered, the birds aren't necessarily fond of that. But none of them bit me for the deed today.

Then I got the vaccuum out and cleaned up the living room floor, underneath and around furniture, and the carpets too.

Now, I am going to work on rewarding myself for beating the procrastination bug to death, and doing all that manual labor!!!!

I am going to take my 'well-deserved' break and go work on some knitting. :O))) Of course, that will be after I make dinner. (It's true what they say, a woman's work is never done!)

I am almost finished with a baby sweater I am working on for a gift for a friend at church. It is called 'Top Down Baby Sweater' and the pattern is by Plymouth Yarn. (I just looked it up, so I could put the link in this post, and found out the pattern is FREE online! I PAID for mine...oh,well...gotta keep the LYS in business! LOL)

I am using Bernat Satin (Worsted Weight) in a pretty, soft, pale yellow color that I love! The pattern is not difficult, but it has one pattern stitch in there that I really dislike doing... it's a SSK ( Slip 1 stitch, Slip another stitch, then knit through the back of both slipped stitches.) It isn't hard, but for me, it just is plain awkward. But I am getting it done. Here is how far I am on it at the moment:

"Top Down Baby Sweater" in progress
Speaking of the Local Yarn Store...I went to my favorite one on Tuesday and got some sweet DK yarn to make a couple of adorable baby sweaters for my future grandbaby that is due in January. The patterns are in a Sirdar pattern book for babies, and the patterns are just too cute for words!!!

...And then I want to read some more of the second book in the 'Hidden Faces' series by Brandilyn Collins, called "Stain of Guilt". She has become my favorite author! She writes christian mystery/suspense novels that keep you on the edge of your seat.
I know I mentioned her books in a previous post. (one of the signs of senility is that you repeat yourself...right?)
(one of the signs of senility is that you repeat yourself...right?)

So here's another shameless plug for Brandilyn...
If you haven't read any of her books, I would highly recommend them - especially if you like mysteries! She also has a series that is called The Bradleyville Series, and they are great christian fiction too... for those that aren't into the edge-of-your-seat-suspense type novels. The first book I read of hers was 'Elisha's Eyes' and that got me...hook, line and sinker. I enjoyed the fact that the setting for the book was the SF bay area, where I was born and raised...so I knew most of the locations.

I got a part time job working for a local auctioneer. It ought to be interesting. It's fairly flexible, which is what I needed, considering I take care of Mom fairly often, and I am also responsible for getting our older DD to and from her meetings with her 'job developer' and DVR and job search,etc. The term "Mom's Taxi Service" definitely applies here!

I finished crocheting the "Anne" scarf by MK Carroll. I think it turned out very pretty (although one of my DD's and her hubby say the colors are ugly. What do they know??? LOL!) I plan on giving it to my Mom on my next trip out there...which sounds like it may be soon. Momma's been having some more health problems.



The "Anne Scarf" (pre-blocking)
My willing and beautiful assistant, Sassy, modeling the Anne scarf!
Now doesn't she just look so perky???

Off to 'claim' my reward and do some knitting!
Happy knitting y'all!!!

1 comment:

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Thanks for those plugs, Lissa. So glad you're enjoying my books.

Blessings,

~ Brandilyn