Monday, November 17, 2008

"Dark Pursuit" review


You probably figured out from some of my previous posts that one of my favorite authors is Brandilyn Collins. She is a christian suspense writer, and writes what is called 'seat-belt suspense'. It really is! I have really enjoyed her books, and I have read all of them.
I was thrilled to be able to preview her newest book: "Dark Pursuit" !!! DH thought it was pretty funny to see my face when I opened up the package, and saw my copy.
I couldn't wait to sit down and start reading it!!!
The story is set in the San Francisco bay area...and I love that...that's where I grew up, and I am very familiar with many of the places in the book, although the town is fictional. (in a fiction book. LOL)
The story started, and without giving it away... the reader came to the 'logical' conclusion. As the story twists and weaves it way through each and every page, you are carried on a roller coaster ride of suspense...all the way to a surprise ending...one that you would not have guessed at all.
As Brandilyn says, and I quote...'fasten your seatbelt and don't forget to...breathe'.
This was an excellent book...not for the faint of heart. Great page turning suspense! Enjoy~~~~

1 comment:

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Lissa, thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed Dark Pursuit!