Friday, August 3, 2007

Finished baby sweaters!!

I finally finished the last little touches on a pair of baby sweaters I knit for a gift. I used the 5 Hour Baby Sweater pattern, which is one of my favorite patterns. I can't make it in five hours, no matter how hard I try!!!!!


But it still is a quick pattern, and easy, and it takes regular WW yarn - so it works for me!!! I usually end up using Caron Simply Soft yarn - I just love the feel of it, and I like working with it. I also made a couple of little hats to give with the sweaters. For them, I used a pattern called the Ripple Eyelet Baby Hat... it's another one of my all time favorite patterns, because it is easy, but challenging enough to be fun!

I use the Simply Soft yarn for newborn size, and slightly smaller needles with baby yarn for Preemie sizes. (I have made a lot of little baby hats to give to the NICU at one of our local hospitals.) Now, back to the sweaters... I found some really cute little daisy buttons, one set with white petals and yellow centers, and another with yellow petals and white centers. Since these sweaters are going to be for twin girls, I really liked the sort-of matching buttons. I used little velcro circles on the sweaters for closures and sewed them on underneath the buttons.
The colors for the sweaters aren't your typical baby colors...but I really like them - and I think they look good together. Reminds me of grapes or vineyards.


I had a physical therapy appt. today. Apparently, my shoulder is healing really well. Which makes me very happy! Pretty soon, I'll be able to do my 'usual' stuff (which means I get to knit, knit, knit!!!!)
I have been 'craving' chocolate chip cookies for the last week or so. Nestle's Toll House cookies. There's nothing better! So I finally broke down and made some yesterday and they turned out perfect. Which is bad, because dang it, they are really good. And I can hear them in the kitchen, calling my name....maybe it wasn't such a good idea to make them after all....NAH!









4 comments:

Betty Ann said...

Those sweaters are BEAUTIFUL.... I don't have any babies to knit for. Maybe I could frame one?

Stacia said...

Loopy Knitter, you ROCK! I love the sweaters and the Sweet Peas do too :) Thanks for the awesome gifts...it means a lot to me that you took the time to hand craft these gifts for them...Love you!

jennyanydot said...

Love this baby sweater. Where can I get the pattern?

Also, read 'Same Kind of Different...". Great book!

Lissa K said...

Hi Jenny,

The pattern for the Baby sweater is very easy, very quick, inexpensive to make, and the pattern is FREE! Here is the link: http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html
I would LOVE to hear how it turns out for you!
Hugs,
Lissa