Wednesday, August 1, 2007

new blog!

This is my first post to my new blog...so I should say something important and intellectual.... NAH!

I am recuperating from rotator cuff surgery about 2 weeks ago, so I am limited on my typing still. BUT - I went for a post-op appt yesterday with the surgeon, and I have permission to KNIT!!!!! as long as I keep my shoulder still. So the knitting needles are calling to me today!!!!!

I finished the lining for my Stars and Stripes Felted Bag (pattern by Terry Ross) yesterday. I dragged out my poor, neglected sewing machine, and dusted it off, so that I could sew the lining. I remembered, after fighting with the darn sewing machine for an hour, why the darn thing was gathering dust in the first place!!!! After ripping out a pile of tangled stitching, and knotted thread...I was determined that the blasted thing was going to work!!!!! and I finally succeeded in stitching the two seams I needed to stitch!!! I feel like I have conquered a monster or something!!!! Anyhow - today I will finish the bag and stitch on the handle...then WahLa! I will be able to use my new bag with pride!
I am on a knitting group called Bag-a-Holic - it has been great fun so far. There are monthly KAL's and Terry graciously allowed us to use one of her patterns for July. She has some great designs! I can't wait to see what next month's KAL will be!
My oldest son borrowed my digital camera, because he was going to a Green Bay Packer practice last night, and he wanted pictures...as soon as I get it back, I will post a picture of the completed bag.
I made the handle using an old Carol Duvall trick... tying a bunch of lengths of yarn to a hand mixer beater, and the other end to a chair....hold it taut and turn the mixer on high to twist the yarn, then fold it in half and let it twist up. It worked really slick, and felted well, and it is sturdy!












1 comment:

Chele said...

Hey, I'm in the EasySocks yahoo group with you. I love making felted bags as well. I love creating and designing my own bags, but hate putting in the liner, zipper,fasteners... You bag looks great and the linin glooks perfect. I have only lined one bag, the rest are waiting patiently. lol Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading others blogs. Check mines out
http://things-that-interest-me.blogspot.com