Saturday, August 11, 2007

long time, no post...

My Momma pointed out that I haven't posted anything to my blog for a while... and I ALWAYS listen to my Momma.... so here 'tis!!!

I had the surgery on my left shoulder on the 20th of July, and the Dr. says I am healing well. I still have the immobilizing sling to wear...but Doc says I should be weaning myself off of it...so in another three weeks or so, I should be out of it. I have been going to Physical Therapy 2 -3 times a week, and that has been going good. I still need to take my pain medication though. so I am either sleepy or loopy (loopier than normal!!!!)

The Dr. also gave me 'permission' to knit carefully. So I am working on knitting a felted bag. The flap is a fan-and-feather pattern, with a seed stitch rim around the opening of the bag, and the body of the bag is in stockinette stitch. I used Noro Kureyon for the flap, and Lamp's Pride Bulky for the body of the bag. I invested in an Addi Turbo Circular Needle for the project and do I ever LOVE it!!
Someone on my Bag-A-Holic group said Knit Picks Options needles are comparable to the Addis...so I will be checking into those. The Addis are great...but I can't afford them. LOL

Well, my shoulder is telling me to stop!
Hugs!
Lissa

No comments: