Monday, December 10, 2007

December, already???

I can't believe we are already into the month of December! Time is just flying by, it seems!!!!
We finally got a snowstorm a little over a week ago, and the snow is still here! Along with icicles hanging from the eaves and gutters, and ice patches on the ground too. You must be careful how you walk out there! I am not a real lover of cold, so I only go out if I have to. I don't mind staying inside at all!!!
We have been busy with the Cup 'O Joy. We've been working a lot lately. I love it! Last weekend was Paul Colman (now one of the "Newsboys"). He is not only a gifted singer/songwriter, but a real gentleman too. His drummer, Carl, was a very nice guy too!
We haven't run out of turkey or stuffing yet! :o))))))) I did finally throw it all in one dish, and make it into a casserole, and then put a casserole dish of it in the freezer. We got a lot of meals out of that Thanksgiving dinner! LOL
Still knitting...I am trying to put it into 'high gear' and finish a baby sweater that my youngest DD asked me to make for a friend of hers with a new baby girl. It's a good thing I decided to make it in a size 6 months...the baby is 3 weeks old now! The sweater is turning out cute so far, and I am using a new yarn called "Vanna's Choice" which is a worsted weight yarn and I really like it. It is wonderfully soft and cuddly, and I got a really pretty rose color for the sweater.
The pattern is a free one I found online here:
Easy Baby Cardigan
Here's the progress so far:





I am using my birthday present Knit Picks Harmony needles, and they are a dream to work with!!! I love them!!!
Which brings me to another rabbit trail... KnitPicks has the MOST awesome customer service department I have had the pleasure of dealing with so far. They are outstanding! My size 4 Harmony cable needle tip broke (I just about cried!) They are beautiful needles - laminated. I called KnitPicks customer service and told them what happened - they sent me another pair - I got them in three days. No questions asked!!! I think that is great service. So if you ever wondered if they were good to order from, I would recommend them.
The three baby canaries are weaned and moved to their own cage this week. They are so cute! Two of them have their Daddy's 'crew cut'! Momma has already said she wants one, so I am watching them so I can pick out a male for her. Their daddy is a beautiful singer.




well, time to go get dinner started...tonight I am using the last of the leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes, and making it into yummy Cream Of Potato soup!!!

No comments: