Friday, December 14, 2007

Ready for a Merry Christmas season!!!

I am so amazed!!! Here it is - December 14th - and we have our tree up already!!!! (doing the happy dance!!!) LOLOL

In the last few years, we've not had it up until December 23rd or so! I wanted us to be able to ENJOY Christmas this year. You know how sometimes this time of year, we get so busy and stressed out, and before we know what has hit us, we forget WHY we have Christmas in the first place???

THIS year, and in years following, I don't want to get so caught up in the 'busy-ness' that I forget that we are celebrating the birth of our Savior!
The night before last, R dragged the tree out of the box, and set it up in the living room, and I spent yesterday afternoon putting LOTS of lights on it! I love LOTS and LOTS of lights!!! Then this afternoon, my oldest DD and I hung the ornaments, and I finished up with the little glittery icicles all over the tree. I think it turned out pretty pretty! LOL
I even went 'all out' and hung some blue "arch lights" in the kitchen windows, and dug out some of the ceramic Christmas decorations that my Momma had made for me in the past. She did such a beautiful job with the ceramics. They are each something that I treasure, and will become family heirlooms, just because she made them. (yes, I am extremely sentimental)
So we are listening to Christmas music on the stereo, and watching lots of Christmas movies. Like I said, we are going to enjoy the season from now on...and especially the 'reason' we have it!!!
So go make yourself a cup of hot cocoa, and enjoy it too!!!

No comments: