Monday, March 24, 2008

"Exquisite" Baby Afghan finished


I finished crocheting a baby blanket for my youngest DD, who is expecting a baby in October. (another BabyGrand!) I used a pattern leaflet with designs in it by Terry Kimbrough. The pattern I chose was called "Exquisite"....because I absolutely love the crochet pineapple design!
I used Bernat Satin worsted weight yarn in a lovely soft colorway called 'banana'. The yarn is soft and squishy...yummy!

I enjoyed making the blanket...the pattern was well written and easy to follow. The only problem I had was when I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and lost my count. The yarn worked up beautifully, although I had a little trouble with it splitting when I worked it up.

But the end project was worth it. I loved how it turned out - and so did Kim and James!

It's a bit too lacey to be a practical blanket, but wrapped over a flannel recieving blanket, it will be cozy and pretty, and what I hope will be an heirloom. :o)

Here are the pictures of the completed afghan....


No comments: