Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All About Kermit!


I have to share, as I am sitting here this morning... listening to my parrot, Kermit, babbling in the other room to himself. He is such a joy!!! This month is his first birdie birthday.

We call him our little alien friend, because he hasn't 'perfected' his voice yet, and he sometimes sounds like a little Martian. But he is talking, and his vocabulary has increased! Some things that we taught him to say, some things he picked up on his own, and some things he learned from the Cockatiel Boys, Cricket, Baby and Frodo.
Kermit can now say: Hello! ; Good Morning; Hi Kermie!; Good Boy! ; Kermit is a good boy; Pretty boy; Pretty bird; How ya doing?; "HONEY!!" (he picked that one up from me. lol); Hey, Baby!!!!; I Love you; I love you, Mommy; 'HA-HA-HA-HA-HA'; he can bark exactly like Gabriel 'rufrufrufrufrufruf' - with the same little growl Gabriel uses (sometimes I can't tell if its Kermit or the dog barking - he's that good. :o)); Pretty Boy, Rugby (learned from the 'tiel boys); and wolf whistles, and seven other different 'tunes' that Ray taught him how to whistle.

He is so amusing!!! He is the first parrot we have owned (a black wing jardine) and I have fallen in love with this bird. He makes us all smile! Another one of God's totally 'Amaze-ing' creations!!!!
I am so thankful God gave us these special little gifts, that enrich our lives so much!





No comments: