Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Knit Lite Needle disappointment!

ok...I have had my Knite lite needles for what... a little over a week? I am sad to say that they aren't all that great.
After a week, the clear tips snapped off on both needles, and are not able to be repaired. I am so disappointed!
I emailed Clover, who is the company that is listed on the package, and asked them for either a replacement or a refund.
I received an email in response, and this is all they said:

Unfortunately, Our KnitLite needles have been discontinued. Here is the manufacturer's information :
Widget Products, Inc
402-933-1003
widgetproducts@yahoo.com
Thank you and have a nice day.

I have not yet tried to contact Widget Products (I will be, though)...but I must say I was surprised and disappointed in the response I received from Clover. Their name is on the needles, and I think they should back them up.

Needless to say, I will NOT be investing in any more of these needles.

I think the idea is SUPER...I love being able to knit in the dark!!! But not if the needles are going to fall apart after a week of normal use, and for almost $9 a pair. I will definitely not get any more, NOR will I recommend them.

Bummer.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have had a similar problem and would be interested to hear what widget says!