Thursday, January 15, 2009

Knit Lite Needle Review

I have seen the needles in Michael's called "Knit Lite" - the ones that light up at the tip so you can knit in the dark, or see the stitches better when working with dark colored yarn...and never tried them.

Last night DH & I were coming home...long, boring, drive... at night. I made him stop at Michael's on the way and I finally bought a pair to try.
These needles are way cool. Love them. I was a happy camper, for sure.

They only had the long length (14") (I prefer shorter needles) but they are easy to knit with, smooth, a nice pointy tip, and I didn't find them too heavy at all. I knit all the way home, and was thrilled with them. I plan on gradually investing in them, although I will probably go for the 9" length. They can be found Here and this website also carries lighted crochet hooks.

I ordered the pattern for Sweetheart Dishcloths that Susan B. Anderson designed. These washcloths look so sweet!!! I am looking forward to making some for the grand babies due to arrive this spring, and for Valentine's day too...of course. Susan is a talented designer, and comes up with some of the most adorable patterns! Thanks for another 'sweet' pattern, Susan!

It has been BITTER cold! The wind chills are 35 - 45º below zero today and tomorrow, and we have had sub zero temps for at least a week or more now. Ugh!

My Mom has such a sense of humor...she lives in sunny (and warm) California, and she called me and left a voice mail saying she had some 'news' she wanted to share with me.

The "news" was.... 'I thought I would let you know it is 70º outside, and it got so hot, we had to leave the back door open...'. she is such a witty person... and a big stinker!!! I called her back and she was so amused with herself.... she can make me laugh, for sure.

Stay warm!

No comments: