Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meret by Wooly Wormhead

I finally started on the beret that I want to make. It took me a while to find a pattern that looked like something that I would like.
I have never wanted to have a beret...but I watched a movie called "The Note" before Christmas and fell in love with a knit beret that one the actresses wore in the movie. I decided I had to have one. LOL.
So I started "Meret" tonight. The pattern is designed by 'Wooly Wormhead', and is offered free on her website/blog, among many other cute hat patterns. I did a little 'research' on Ravelry to find out what other 'Ravelers' thought of that pattern, and any errata regarding it.
I am using Plymouth Encore Colorspun in a lovely variegated colorway with greens and blues in it.
I am a little nervous about making it...because maybe I won't like a beret on me...I don't know. I am also a little concerned it won't fit.
It is the FIRST time I have actually knit a swatch to check the gauge. (I know... I'm bad.)
So, I'll keep you updated on how its going. (oh, and BTW - Susan B Anderson 'inspired' me to start it...with her post on her knit slouchy hat that she had made. Hers turned out so darn cute, that I had to try making this one.)

No comments: