Monday, January 5, 2009

New year - new start

I can't believe it is 2009! I can remember when I thought the 1990's seemed like they were a gazillion years away...I hadn't even thought about the 2000's...
My only resolution that I made (because I usually don't keep the resolutions I make. Is there anyone that does???) is to actually try and FINISH some of the projects that I had started already. So far, so good, but the year is young yet.
I finished a couple of 'Garter Stitch Loop-Through Scarves' from the book "101 Designer One-Skein Wonders". Each of the scarves were for gifts. One I did with Bernat Baby yarn in a beautiful pink...it turned out so nice and soft and squishy!
The other I did in Red Heart Soft (worsted) in a cheery red, also soft and warm. Each one of the scarves were in the intended recipient's favorite colors, so I hope they enjoy them. They were a cinch to make. Quick and easy.

I also made a scarf and a hat for Hailey for Christmas. She seemed to love them...and they look cute on her! The hat pattern is one called 'Double Quick Knit Roll Brim Hat' - that I have used over and over and over, and I love! It is easy...and a quick knit! Hailey wanted a scarf like her two Aunt Nicki and Aunt Kim have... the ones made with Fun Fur yarn. I used one strand of the Fun Fur held with a strand of knitting worsted, and just did a very simple pattern of double crochets.

After the holidays, I started working on some more projects that need to be finished. I finished a flannel blanket for DS & DIL's baby that is due the first part of February. I crocheted a ruffle edging around it. I like it...it will be nice and cozy for the new baby.
I have another one to finish for them, and then a couple for my DD's baby, that is due in May. I am so excited about my grandbabies!!!! I can hardly wait to spoil them!!!
I also finally finished a little knit lamb that I made for DS & DIL's baby - I used a Fuzzy Mitten pattern designed by Barbara Prime. The Lamb pattern is free on her website. I liked it so much that I got her book with other little knit animals. The lamb was pretty easy, and is too cute!!!!
Now I am working on finishing the 'Tiramisu' baby blanket the DIL asked me if I would make for the baby. It's all single crochet, so it's going to take me a little longer. I am about a third of the way done with that.
Other news... DH has a sister! We knew about her, but DH had never met her, and didn't know where to look for her...and I guess she has also looked for him over the years, but she didn't know where to look for him...and long story short...one of her children saw one of our son's website, and his picture, and his name, and thought there was a strong family resemblance... and last Wednesday, Sue (DH's sister) surprised DH with a visit/reunion!!!
It was a wonderful surprise!!!! And a miracle that they have found each other! We had a great visit...they have many, many years to catch up on!!!! Our family just got bigger, and its so great for DH to have found his sister after all these years!!! God answers prayers!!!!
'til next time...
Lissa

No comments: