Wednesday, September 12, 2007

An Autumn Wednesday...

I got up wayyyyy too early this morning!!! But I guess that means I have more time to get "stuff" done, so I should be happy, right? S'alright.
I think Autumn is officially here. Time is going by so fast! Does that happen as one gets older? It sure seems like it flies by way too fast for me. We have had some cool, crisp nights, and the leaves are changing colors, and beginning to cover our lawn. I love going out and listening to the wind blow through the leaves this time of year. They SOUND different. It's a peaceful sound.
We watched a really good movie last night. Called "Deja Vu" with Denzel Washington. It has you on the edge of your seat all the way through it. (And I really like Denzel Washington! He is a great actor!)
I finally finished the 'final' touches on my "Felted Spring Bag" (that was the name of the pattern) that I did in Autumn colors. I wasn't overly pleased with the way it turned out. The LYS recommended a type of yarn to substitute for the one called for, and said it would felt the same. It didn't. Live and learn. But it was a fun, super easy pattern. I wanted to do the handles differently, so instead of I-cord, I made a very thick braid with the yarn, and felted that. I found some interesting fabric for the lining, and then I couldn't find any buttons I liked for the closure, so I got some wood toggle buttons and 'painted' them with some nail polish that was the perfect color. I'm putting a picture of the closure too...the LYS had this closure on some of their bags. It is simply a thick ponytail elastic sewn to one side of the bag next to the button, and then you pull the elastic loop over the button on the opposing side. It makes a good closure.




















The last bird fair we went to, we ended up not selling many birds. But we traded a few. LOL
For trades, my favorite one was to acquire a Black Wing Jardine parrot. One of my DD's named him Kermit, because she said he sounds like a frog. She's soooo funny. LOL But it seemed to fit him, so Kermit he is. He is so much fun!!! Here's a picture of Kermit helping DH with his bird food.


And here is his little friend, Izzy, who is a Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure (also another great trade) at work...he's doing his job in the Supervisory Capacity as Chief Bird Food Inspector.
He really loves his job, and helps DH every night! Izzy takes his job very seriously!


The birdies are telling me its time to let them wake up, and that I should get them their morning pasta blend, and feed the dogs...the day is "officially" starting now. One more cup of coffee, and I think it will be alright.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi! I forgot to tell you on the Bag-A-Holic comment that you did a great job on the lining of your bag! I hate lining my bags!! I like to knit, not sew!!! :) But if I don't put them in the bags would stretch to the floor with all the junk in them! ha ha
Have a great evening!