Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Socks and Dishcloths...


I have been working on some "Lacy Woolease Socks" - part of a monthly KAL in the EasySocks group. This is only the second pair of socks I have knitted. The first pair I knitted were 'toe-up' and this pair isn't. I got so messed up when I got to the heel!! I frogged the first sock several times, and finally asked someone on the list for help, and they gave me a link to a great sock tutorial website with step by step pictures. That really helped!!!! So, I am proud to say...one sock is completed. I tried it on and is it ever comfy!!! I think I will be making more like this!
I have also been working on a "Lacy Round Cloth" designed by Ronda White(she is on a couple of knitting groups I am on and is a very talented lady!)... I am using Peaches and Cream yarn in a pretty colorway appropriately named Orange Sherbet. The pattern is fun and easy to work. Here's how far I have gotten on it ...

It is officially the third day of Autumn and looking very much like it outside. The tree leaves are changing their colors, (and they are such beautiful, and glorious colors!!!! God's handiwork is truly amazing!!) Many of them are already dropping their leaves...and you know what that means ....I hafta go rake them!!! LOL

2 comments:

DawnK said...

Wow, pretty socks! The dishcloth will be pretty when it is finished! I haven't tried one, in the round, yet.

Stacia said...

Lissa,
These socks look great! Looks like you're getting ready for winter :)

Hope to see you soon...the Peas are waiting.

Hugs!