Friday, September 14, 2007

It has been a rather quiet day today. Nothing too exciting....unless you consider a visit to Physical Therapy exciting.LOL My PT has a slight southern accent, and she told the receptionist to have me come back to the "pulleys" - and it came out sounding like "po-lice". Now that's there big joke in there when I come in she says if I get out of line they're going to call the "PO -Leece". I think they know me well now. LOL
I made a big batch of Oatmeal Cookies today. I have been thinking about them for a while...yummy!!!! I use the 'classic' Quaker Oatmeal recipe. It's the best...well, I like them.. LOL
My friend that was expecting twins had them yesterday morning by C-section. They were both healthy, and good sized for twins. Fraternal twins, girls, if I remember right, one was 6 lbs and the other was 5 lbs 12 oz. Their Mama is petite, and the last few months was ALL babies!!!!! She looked good, but very uncomfortable!
So now, I have the little crocheted toys I am making for the babies almost done. I hope to finish them tomorrow, and then get the box wrapped up with the sweaters and hats that I knit already, and some little onezies that I bought and applied sweet little iron on appliques to. I found the perfect ones for them - they were little pea pods, with "Sweet Pea" on each. My friend had a baby blog for her pregnancy, and called it "The Sweet Peas".
I'll take pictures of the gifts when I finish the toys. The little piggie and donkey toys are crocheted, and they have little crocheted flower garlands to tie securely around their necks, that are crocheted with No. 5 perle cotton and a size 6 crochet hook - yesterday I fell asleep while I was working on the little flowers, so I didn't get too far. (I had a nice nap though! :-)
But I did finish crocheting the flowers and the vine garlands tonight while we watched "City of Angels" with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan for the umpteenth time. It is one of my all time favorite movies!
Hopefully, if all goes as planned, I will be posting pictures of completed little baby toys tomorrow!!!!
We work at the Cup O' Joy tomorrow night. A group called "Obadiah" is going to be there. They are an 8 man gospel group from Milwaukee, with some awesome harmonies!!! I am looking forward to working with them again!
time to head for bed!
hugs!
Lissa

No comments: