Sunday, September 2, 2007

Finally....

How frustrating is it when you can't remember your username or your password?? After three days of trying to figure it out, I finally remembered!!!! My mind is obviously not totally coherent! LOL

I haven't done too much knitting for a couple of weeks. I just haven't been very motivated, and haven't been able to focus. It was not helping my shoulder feel better either. But...I picked up my needles again, and am getting back on track!

While I took time off from knitting, I read "Where Willows Grow" by Kim Vogel-Sawyer. One of the ladies getting physical therapy, that is there quite often when I am, recommended the book...she said someone gave it to her, and she couldn't put it down. I requested it on inter-library loan, and she was right....I couldn't put it down either!! It was a very good book!!!

The bird fair my DH and I had a table at last weekend was disappointing. We sold two parakeets! Our lovebird prices were right around the average...but we heard a lot of people say that no one seemed to be buying birds that day. At the end of the fair, we ended up trading some baby lovebirds for some breeder canary pairs and some breeder bourke parakeets. They are quieter than the lovies, although we still have lovebirds too. I also got my first parrot!! A lady at the table right next to us had three that she had raised, and this one kept 'talking' to me all day, and at the end of the day, the lady (Pam) said she thought he liked me. LOL!!! I'm such a sucker!!!!
He is a Jardine, and was hatched in February and hand fed, and very tame. We named him Kermit, because of his beautiful green coloring. We are having fun getting used to him. Parrots are so much different than what we are used to in small birds! I am ready a book called "The Guide to the Well-Behaved Parrot"...which is very interesting and full of advice and things I had no idea about. Did you know that a parrot will 'wag' its tail when he is happy? So far Kermit seems to be very happy and I know we are with him!

Whats On My Needles right now:

Cute Baby Kimono Jacket from the Mason-Dixon Knitting Book

BallBand Dishcloth from the Mason-Dixon Knitting Book

still working on those crocheted baby toys for a gift

Fan And Feather (Old Shale) knitted purse (will be felted) - pattern from the Bag-A-Holic group at Yahoo.

Ciao!!!
Lissa

No comments: