Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Almost finished!!!!

I had to go to the podiatrist today so she could check the tendonitis on my right ankle. Turns out it still isn't healing as well as it should - so I get to keep the -ever-so-fashionable-looking-cam-walker-boot for another 3 weeks. Lovely. Did I mention the thing looks like a moon boot?
While I was in the waiting room, I had pulled out the never-ending fan & feather purse to work on. Someone commented on "oh, no, you haven't been waiting THAT long for the Dr., have you?" So I had to explain to her that no, I had not...I just can't stand to be in a sitting position without knitting needles in my hands. Then she commented on how much she liked the felted purse I was using (I made that one and posted about it a while ago, it was the Autumn Felted Bag) and also how much she liked the quilted bag I had my knitting in (that I didn't tell her I got from Goodwill for a buck!!!!)
Anyhow, now I am finally on the decreases on the bottom of the purse. It is a good thing I got that extra skein of wool yesterday....I needed it. And then it calls for a 3-needle bind-off. I haven't done that before, but found some instructions on the KnitPicks website, and it doesn't look too hard. I can't wait to finish this bag!!!! I have some cool tye-dyed looking fabric to use for the lining in the bag.
I will have to get off my duff long enough to get a pic or two posted...but I don't want to stop knitting yet to do it! :o) Keep those needles going!!!!

No comments: