Thursday, April 17, 2008

Feather and Fan Purse finally done...



Feather and Fan flap felted purse

I finally finished the Feather and Fan flap purse...well, all except the lining! Once I made myself focus on finishing it, it went faster. But it felt like I had it 'OTN' forever!!! It was knit from a pattern designed by Anni Rodriguez and is available for purchase HERE . When you get to Anni's blog, scroll down a little bit, and you will see the purse on the right side of the page. (She also has some other neat patterns there too.)

It was an easy pattern to follow, and fun to do. I used Noro Kureyon for the Feather and Fan portion, and Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky for the body and the handle of the purse. The only thing I did different from the pattern, was to add a single crochet border (single row) around the flap, because I thought it might curl or roll after it had been felted.
It's bigger than I thought it would be - even after felting. In fact, it didn't shrink up as much as I hoped it would, although it felted very nicely. I ended up running it through the felting 'process' several times, to see if it would get smaller. LOL.
It is about the perfect size that IF I had a laptop computer, I could put it in this purse and it would be a perfect laptop case.
In fact...IF I had a laptop, I would line the purse with a layer of fleece inbetween the purse and the lining to offer better protection for said imaginary laptop.
I really do like the pattern... I would like to make another one, but the next one will be with less stitches, and maybe a size smaller needle, so that the bag will be a 'smaller purse' size when completed. I'm trying to get away from carrying a huge purse/suitcase with me everywhere I go. My shoulders just can't take it anymore!
In the meantime, before I finish lining this, I might just drop some very UNSUBTLE hints about 'needing' a laptop (which will get me absolutely nowhere, because our "Money Tree" is only 'imaginary' too. LOL)
But it gives me a good excuse to procrastinate...which is something I am always looking for an excuse to do... of course I have practiced procrastinating so much that I am quite accomplished at it....

Close up of the stitch pattern

The completed 'oh-so-perfect-a-size-for-a-laptop-computer Feather and Fan Bag.

No comments: