Friday, February 6, 2009

It's beautifully warm and sunny outside so far today...I think its in the 20's! Just about t-shirt weather in Wisconsin!
I spent yesterday with our youngest D
D - they had a drywall contractor come and drywall the nursery, their master bedroom closet, and patch the living room where they took out the doorway to enlarge the MB closet. The drywall looks very nice. DD and hubby are anxiously waiting for it to dry, so we can paint the rooms, and then they can get their carpet in.
I felt like baking (I don't feel like that too often lately! ) so I made a huge batch of Nestle's TollHouse chocolate chip cookies, and an equally large batch of "Cowboy Cookies". The house smelled wonderful!!!!
I finished another 'Sweetheart Washcloth' - in pinks. I was trying to take a photo for Ravelry, and Tootsie decided to test the washcloth for softness. So now it is "doggie tested and approved".
Also went out and took some pictures of the snow for Momma. She lives where it never snows, so she thinks its neat! Ha! Tootsie was my 'model' again to show how deep it is in spots! Since it is in the 20's - he was very happy to come out and romp in the snow with me.
DH came down with a nasty head cold, and has decided to share it with me...bless his heart. We both feel rotten...and sound like a flock of congested geese! We are both taking more vitamin C, and drinking lots of juice to try and kick it.
Still no baby yet from DS and his wife. Today is their due date, but it seems that their baby is very comfortable right where she is, and isn't quite ready to come out into the world. I can't say I blame her...but Kate's parents and DH and I are so looking forward to seeing our new little granddaughter when she decides to make an entrance! We can hardly wait!
I am going to fix some meals this weekend for them, that can be frozen and then just popped into the oven to heat up, after baby arrives. I remember how tired I was when the babies were little, and how nice it would have been not to have had to cook.
Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Nice trail to the mailbox! Reminds me of Montana...I love the snow! However, that being said, I like that it snows here and melts right away...makes me appreciate it :)