Monday, February 2, 2009

Meret is finished!



I finished the "Meret" beret I started the other day. I love it!!!! It is so soft and probably the comfiest hat I have ever had! I am not usually a hat kind of person, but this winter has been sooooo cold, I have been wearing them.

The Meret pattern was mentioned in a previous post. It was designed by 'Wooly Wormhead'. The pattern was easy to follow, and a really fun and interesting knit!

Here's pics of it being blocked (over one of those decorative aluminum plates for Christmas treats):



My steam iron lived long enough to steam the Meret, so it could be blocked...just barely! And then it died! So now I need another iron that steams...NOT for ironing, of course! For crafting! And blocking!

Here's a pic or two of it being worn.

I plan on making another one for sure, maybe more. The next one I make I will try with a little less 'slouch'.

No comments: