Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meret #2




I finished my second Meret last week...and am just getting around to posting it.

I like it even more than the first one I made! (and I LOVED the first one!)

I used Moda Dea's Vision yarn for this one (a worsted weight yarn)...it took less than a skein. The "Vision" yarn is nice to work with...soft, and it has a little bit of a sheen to it, and I loved the colorway!


I followed someone's suggestion on Ravelry, and did the brim in 1" of knitting, and 1" of a 1x1 Rib. It's nice and comfy...not too tight.



In the above picture, I tried to get a close up of some of the pretty lace pattern in Wooly Wormhead's design. I love it!

When I first got the Moda Dea Visions yarn, I didn't know what I was going to make with it, I just knew I had to get it because I loved the color so much!!! ( Many A Yarn-A-Holic's Justification For Many, Many, Important And Necessary Yarn Purchases....)

So, here is the second Meret... (and I will probably make more...the pattern is fun!)

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Why is it called a meret? Whatever the reason...sure is cute...and I like the color too! You rock!

Lissa K said...

Hi Stacia,
I think it is called a 'Meret' because when the designer originally introduced the pattern, it was through a KAL (Knit ALong) and it was called the 'Mystery Beret'. Everyone knew they were knitting a beret, but didn't know what it would look like in the end. So the M from Mystery and the -eret from Beret were combined. http://www.woollywormhead.com/free-patterns/